Applications are now open!
The professional artist grant aims to support and build meaningful relationships among the outstanding creative artists in Pinellas County, provide a solid foundation to nurture the creative community, and elevate Pinellas County as an arts and cultural destination.
With this purpose in mind, Creative Pinellas provides up to ten grants for artists who have excelled in their artistic practice. The grant is unrestricted, and Grantees are encouraged to decide for themselves how to use the award for their benefit and growth as an artist.
Grants of $5,000 each are open to artists doing work in the areas of:
- Dance (of all kinds)
- Interdisciplinary (a combination of more than one type of genre of art, often technology/digital arts are involved)
- Literature including poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction (does not include journalism, self-help, children’s books, and books with a structured commercial purpose)
- Media Arts such as film, photography, computer/digital arts, audio, interactive media, etc.
- Musical Performance
- Music Composition
- Theater Creation including playwriting, directing, musical direction, stage design, stage lighting, etc.
- Visual Arts including 2D and 3D visual arts of all kinds
Creative Pinellas defines a professional artist as someone who has worked within their art form(s) for over a period of time, exhibits a high degree of talent and ability in their chosen area(s) of art, is generally recognized by leaders in their field and community as an artist of serious intent and ability who can help build interest in and awareness of Pinellas County as a vibrant arts and cultural community.
To be eligible for funding as part of the Professional Artist Grant Program, an applicant:
- Be a current resident of Pinellas County for at least one year prior to November 30, 2022 and must agree to maintain their residency for the duration of the grant award period;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Not be enrolled in any arts production-related high school, undergraduate or graduate degree- seeking program for any portion of the grant award period;
- Submit a completed online application and all required support documents*
- Have not received a Creative Pinellas Professional or Emerging Artist Grant within the last three (3) years or twice in the past 10
An additional $5,000 Artist Laureate Grant may be presented to one of the grantees who is recognized by Creative Pinellas as being able to be a model partner and collaborator sharing their skills and expertise and supporting the organization’s mission over the grant period. Artists indicate on their application that they would like to be considered for the Artist Laureate award.
Ready to Apply?
The application period is now open.