Best Summer Ever!
- Young People Play, Grow, & Thrive with a Personal Arts Summer Camp Grant from Creative Pinellas
- Our youth – the future Artists of Pinellas County – deserve great experiences like attending arts camp
- We help young people attend art camps at no or reduced cost
The application opens on March 1, 2024, and applications are accepted on a rolling basis until we provide all available funds. Funds go fast, be sure to apply as soon as the application opens.
Is this for the whole summer?
This opportunity provides youth a chance to attend an Arts camp that is about a week or two long. It’s not for summer-long camps, and it’s not for overnight camps. Arts camps generally run for a week or two between the end of May and early August.
Which campers may apply?
Pinellas County young people between the ages of 5 and 18 may be eligible for an Arts Summer Camp Grant if any of the following applies:
- Receive a free or reduced-cost school lunch
- In a “transitional” housing situation
- Go to a Title 1 school as listed at https://www.pcsb.org/Page/10735
- Live in a foster or group home
- In the custody of the Department of Children and Families
- Receive financial hardship tuition or scholarship
- Receive aid through EBT or WIC
- Live in East Tarpon Springs, North Greenwood, Highpoint, Lealman Corridor, or South St. Petersburg
- Attend a “transitional” or “transformational” school, according to the Pinellas County Board of Education, or have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) with Pinellas County Schools and are over 18
Eligibility or application does not guarantee a grant. Restrictions, conditions, and fund availability apply.
How does it work?
- Beginning March 1, 2024, Campers (with the help of their parent or guardian if under 14) may apply by clicking the apply button below. You’ll be asked a few questions and will upload something that shows you live in Pinellas County. Be sure to apply as soon as the application opens.
- We’ll review your application; it might take a week or so; if we approve your application, you become eligible for a grant.
- After acceptance for the grant, you also have to register and be accepted by the camp you want to go to. Sometimes camps don’t have spots open, so you might end up with a camp other than your first choice. If your first choice is full, we may have to adjust your application to ensure access to another choice.
- You attend arts camp!
- We send the arts camp the amount of money you would have paid for camp registration.
Which camps are available?
While the approved camps in our system have a reputation for excellent programming, Creative Pinellas is not responsible for the health, safety, or well-being of the campers who receive our grants, or the quality of the camp experience.
Creative Pinellas’s decisions on application approvals for grants are made with care and due diligence and are final. Creative Pinellas reserves the right to cancel or change all or a part of this grant program for any reason and at any time.
Creative Pinellas and many programs are funded by the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners, Visit St Petersburg/Clearwater, the National Endowment for the Arts, and the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs.
Contact us at: email@example.com
The application period is now open.