Creative Pinellas is excited to announce the 2023 Emerging Artist Grantees –
Troy Bernardo, Jenipher Chandley, Marie Cummings, Kathryn Cummins, Dennis DeBon, Kimberly Engel, Patrick Arthur Jackson, Aimee Jones, Amy Wolf, and Agueda Zabisky
The Emerging Artist Grant Program is designed to celebrate and support artists in the upward trend of their careers.
As a grantee you will develop and expand your audience with a financial award, mentorship, engagement events, and an exhibition. The program supports grantees and showcases your innovative and exciting work, contributing to the expansion of Pinellas County, the Arts Coast as a vibrant arts and cultural destination.
Grantees are provided with a financial award of $2,000 geared toward the production of new work, a professional mentor that helps guide them through development as a professional artists, and an exhibition during the grant period.
Up to 10 grants will be awarded for original work in the areas of:
- Choreography (of all kinds)
- Interdisciplinary arts (a combination of more than one type of genre of art that often involves technology and digital arts)
- Literature including poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction (does not include journalism, self-help, children’s books, and books with a structured commercial purpose)
- Media Arts (including film, photography, computer and digital arts, audio, and interactive media)
- Music Composition
- Theater Creation (including playwriting, directing, musical direction, stage design, and stage lighting)
- Visual Arts (including 2D and 3D visual arts of all kinds)
Over the course of the funding period, recipients provide an insight into their creative processes for interested travelers and residents of the Arts Coast, Pinellas County through blogs published by grantees. Past grant recipients have written about current projects, critiques on work in progress, reflections on life as an artist and more.
Recipients have been selected for this grant. Congratulations!
Meet the Grantees
Patrick Arthur Jackson