What an Award can release…
by STEPHEN P BROWN
Winning a Professional Artist Award from Creative Pinellas has enabled me to pursue and host events that would not have happened otherwise, including attending productivity and music industry networking conferences, and expanding my podcast to include panel discussions. My creative output has increased dramatically thanks to these conferences helping me focus on income-producing professional activities. In addition, a life-long dream has been to record my original compositions, and this Award helped begin that process.
Here are some professional activity highlights that occurred during the last few months
- Performance of original music in unconventional venue with unconventional setting and including
- Recordings made of original compositions for album release in early 2020.
- Several performances with the Dunedin Concert Band and Richey Community Orchestra and Chorus, including 3 sold-out shows.
- Host of Pinellas Festival of Community Bands for 7 performing ensembles and 1,200 audience.
- Attended the Getty Sing! Conference at the Grand Ole Opry, the Focused Leader Intensive and 2 Business Accelerator conferences with Michael Hyatt.
- Hosted 8 panel discussion recording sessions for 32 podcast episodes.
- Launched new ensemble “Pinellas Community Players”
And here is one personal tri-umph I’m particularly proud to have accomplished recently:
Stephen P Brown is a Conductor of orchestra, choirs, concert bands and musicals, as well as a composer. He is the General Director of the Dunedin Music Society, Head Spark Plug of the Concert University, and a Professional Artist Grantee of Creative Pinellas. You can find his concert schedule here, a sample of his compositions here, and listen to his podcast Classic Jabber here.