Creative Pinellas, the nonprofit Local Arts Agency for Pinellas County is accepting applications for the position of Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing all business functions and financial processes and procedures of the organization including annual budgets, revenue and expenses, financial reporting, supervision of bookkeeping and accounts payable/accounts receivable, and the annual audit. It is also responsible for working with the CEO to develop and implement financial strategies to ensure the economic well-being of the organization. The role offers an accounting professional the opportunity to maximize and strengthen the financial operations of a well-respected, innovative, and impactful nonprofit arts organization.
Creative Pinellas, is a 501(c)(3) arts and cultural organization (established 2011) with a $1.8M operating budget, six full-time and two part-time staff members. The organization manages a 10,000-square-foot gallery, provides annual grants for artists, and creates meaningful partnerships to uplift the arts and the community. It is in excellent fiscal condition due to strategic budget management and strong local government support.
Creative Pinellas is looking for an energetic, creative, community-oriented grants manager who believes that supporting artists, cultural programs, and organizations makes a positive difference in the wellbeing and life of a community.
The Grants manager is a mission-focused role responsible for the planning, development and implementation of both current and future grantmaking and grant seeking programs. In this role, the grants manager works closely and collaboratively with team members and stakeholders to evaluate opportunities, define priorities, and develop and implement a sustainable grants strategy that supports both the arts community and the development of Pinellas County as an arts and cultural destination.
For grant making, the position is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and end-to-end management of the Professional and Emerging Artists Grant programs, the Artist Laureate grant, the summer camp grant program, and other programmatic grants that Creative Pinellas has or may launch or manage.
For grant seeking, the position is responsible for researching and identifying grant opportunities, managing the application process, and ensuring the timely fulfillment of grant deliverables. The candidate should be prepared to objectively evaluate the granting programs’ role in the organizational strategic plan, and report on successes.
A very collaborative role, the position represents Creative Pinellas to the arts and cultural community. The grants we provide have had life-changing impact for the artists and arts organizations who have received them.
Manage, maintain and grow Creative Pinellas’ arts and community annual grant making program.
- Create, manage and communicate an annual grants calendar with key milestones, information and a workable cadence for all the grants Creative Pinellas delivers throughout the year.
- Provide oversite and management of the entire grant-making process for both new and existing grants.
- During active grant periods monitor and oversee all aspects of the grant application and fulfillment process, workflow function and compliance, including applications, grantee communications, payments and record keeping.
- Communicate with grantees and other stakeholders throughout the application and grant period with a focus on building relationships and ensuring a positive experience for all grantees, and other stakeholders
- Research foundation and public/philanthropic opportunities that align with the Creative Pinellas mission and funder priorities to identify funding opportunities that offer a reasonable likelihood of success.
- Create and manage an annual grants-opportunities calendar with key milestones, and dates to institutionalize grants seeking activities.
- Create, submit and monitor grant applications.
- Oversee active grants to ensure that all required goals, milestones, and deliverables are met.
- Work collaboratively with marketing, our digital team, finance and other stakeholders as needed to ensure grant success and build community-wide awareness of the grant program and its positive impact on the community.
The successful candidate for this position:
- Has three or more years of grants management experience.
- Is able to promote excellent performance in self and others.
- Can solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Likes to conduct research, study and synthesize data, and establish priorities, strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Is highly organized with the proven ability to manage multiple high priority projects.
- Demonstrates outstanding communications, people and management skills.
Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Believes that arts uplifts humanity.Apply Now