I SPY A……… Finished Mural by Cory Robinson!
Welcome to Neri Park, indeed! The visitors can now enjoy this joyous, colorful and playful mural that greets them along park path.
The mural features wild life that frequent the park!
Which one is your favorite?
Stop by Raymond H. Neri Park , 4303 46th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714 to see it for your self!
We are excited to announce that artist Cory Robinson, has been selected to create the mural for the Lealman Mural Project at Neri Park!
This project was developed by Creative Pinellas and Lealman CRA with a goal to foster community beautification projects that engage the community and represent the rich culture and environment of this developing area. A panel made up of artists, art leaders, and Lealman stakeholders selected Cory Robinson to create the piece that will be created at Neri Park this spring as part of the renovation and development of Raymond H. Neri Park.
Neri Park Lealman Mural Project Call to Artists : Raymond H. Neri Community Park
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 26 @ 11:59PM
The Lealman Mural Project is a partnership between Creative Pinellas and the Lealman CRA, with a goal to foster community beautification projects that engage the community and represent the rich culture and environment of this developing area. This project will include a single grant for a single artist:
$4000 artist fee / up to $1000 materials and supplies to complete the street facing wall + trail facing wall with bathroom door entrances + parking lot facing wall with roll up door
The artist must be a Pinellas County based artist or artist with strong ties to Pinellas County. We ask that artists who have created a mural for Creative Pinellas in the last 12 months (Feb 2021- Feb 2022) not apply, as we would like to create as many opportunities for as many artists as possible.
This is a project created with the idea to represent the space and community surrounding the Raymond H. Neri Community Park by bringing in an experienced mural artist with a strong point of view and the ability to create complex, engaging work of art. The art should reflect the pride Lealman residents have for the Lealman history, their multicultural and inclusive community, and/or reflect the natural landscapes/wildlife.
Artist Information Session:
Artists will have an opportunity to meet with Creative Pinellas and participating Partners to learn about the project and to ask any questions they may have during the application period via an online meeting platform. Dates are listed below and both sessions will cover the same information.
Register for an Art Session- PDF LINK to Info From Artist Info Sessions
- Artist Info Session #1: Feb 9 at 4:30 pm (evening time) – Register Today!
- Artist Info Session #2: Feb 16 at 10 am (day time) – Register Today!
Raymond H. Neri Park , Facilities Building : 4303 46th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33714
This location is in the process of adding a playground, repaving the walkways and updating the fencing in this park.
* Based on height of walls a lift will not be provided for this project
Each application submitted between Monday, Feb 7, 2022 at 3pm- Extended date of Saturday, Feb 26 at 11:59 pm will be reviewed by a panel to include a Creative Pinellas Representative, Lealman CRA Representative, a Pinellas County based Mural Artist, Art Curator and Community Members connected to Neri Park. Artists will be notified no later than Monday, February 28, 2022. If you are not selected, you will also be notified at that time.
Upon notification, the artist will receive Lealman community engagement information, detailed measurements and photos of your specific location and will have the opportunity to meet with the Lealman CRA member via internet meeting platform or to tour the space during the week of Feb 28, 2022. After site review and meeting with Creative Pinellas and Lealman CRA, the artist will complete three (3) Mural Design Mock Up proposals for approval from Creative Pinellas and Lealman CRA. The three Mural Design Mock Up proposals should be submitted no later than Friday March 11, 2022. Creative Pinellas and Lealman CRA will have up to 7 days for approval.
*all dates are tentative and subject to change
Call To Artists Important Dates:
- Call for Entries Open: Monday, Feb 7, 2022 at 3pm
- Artist Info Session #1:Feb 9 at 4 30pm (evening time)
- Artist Info Session #2: Feb 16 at 10am (day time)
- Call for Entries Close: Extended Date Saturday, Feb 28 at 11:59 pm
- Panel to review Applications : Monday, Feb 28
- Artists finalists will be notified by Monday, Feb 28
- Artist Community Meeting: Week of Monday , Feb 28
- Three Mural Design Mock UP plans must be submitted by Friday, March 11, 2022
- Approved no later than : Friday, Mar 18, 2022
- Earliest Possible start date: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2022
- Final walk through: Apr 19, 2022 * may extend pending weather conditions
- Final Touch Ups (if needed) : April 19-22, 2022 * may extend pending weather conditions
- Final Payment for Grant: no later than May 15, 2022* may extend pending weather conditions
The artist or artist collaboration stipend for the mural location will be
- $4000 artist fee / up to $1000 materials and supplies
Includes: the street facing wall + trail facing wall with bathroom door entrances + parking lot facing wall with roll up door
Materials and Equipment Notes
- Surfaces will be pressure washed and primed before the artist starts work.
- A storage pod 8’ x 8’ x 8’ will be provided by Creative Pinellas and will not be subtracted from Artist Fee or materials budget.
- A generator and paint sprayer are equipment pieces that Creative Pinellas can make available for the project.
- A lift will not be supplied for this project as the walls are under 9’ high.
Interested artists will need to submit:
- Artists must be a Pinellas County Resident or have strong community ties to Pinellas County and if selected to do the project will be asked to complete a W9 and will need to provide proof of insurance during the on site painting dates of the project.
- Please do not apply if you have completed a mural for Creative Pinellas in the last 12 months (Feb 2021- Feb 2022) as we would like to create as many opportunities for as many artists as possible.
- A short biography or resume
- 4-6 photographs or links to photographs of four or more works, including at least one mural of your design or have been lead on the painting team.
- A brief written summary or description of your idea of approaching the project to meet Lealman Community engagement goals of transforming the environment, creating appealing spaces, and reflect the pride Lealman residents have for the Lealman history, their multi- cultural and inclusive community, and/or reflect the natural landscapes/wildlife.
- Please do not submit mock up designs for this project as part of the application, it limits the process when evaluating you as an artist overall.
- Contact information for 3 references from past mural work or art show curator
- Link to website and social media sites
Applications are due by Saturday, Feb 26 at 11:59 pm via online application at SM APPLY link.
Contact Lea Umberger, Arts Project Manager at Creative Pinellas- email@example.com or (727) 582-2172.
Recipients have been selected for this grant. Congratulations!