Virtual Book Readings and How to Fight Boredom
James McAdams| June 30, 2010
Here are a few humble notes on how to re-invent book readings in the COVID-19 age:
- Don’t read anything longer than 250 words.
- If something is longer, summarize and emphasize the parts you are proud of
- Read your favorite lines; pretend you’re an aphorist
- People love inspiration, or where a story comes from. Stop reading and actually talk to the camera about this incident
- Don’t use a script. Be informal. Be warm.
- Talk about other weird things, such as book covers, blurbs, your author bio, and dedication
- Play music either live or from the computer