Creative Pinellas is pleased to announce they are one of 66 local arts agencies nationwide to have been selected to receive an American Rescue Plan grant from the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). The purpose of the $500,000 grant is to help artists and nonprofit arts organizations to recover from the Pandemic. Creative Pinellas will use funds to provide grants directly to eligible artists and arts organizations, to support public participation with individual artists and their work, and to support salaries, stipends to artists, marketing and promotions for arts and cultural organizations.
We are currently working with the NEA to finalize all of our materials, and to have formal approval on the process, and hope to have grant applications for Pinellas County individual artists and arts and cultural organizations open early in the new year.
While this is subject to change, right now we expect to have:
- Grants to individual artists ranging from $2,500 to $10,000.
- Grants to artists will be able to be used to support public participation with individual artists’ work in Visual Arts, Dance, Music, Theater, Literature or Media/Multi-media.
- Examples include public presentations/performances, exhibitions, workshops, research and/or creation of artwork with a tangible outcome.
- Grants for nonprofit arts and cultural organizations from $2,500 to $50,000 depending on the organization’s annual operating budget, and programming needs.
- Funds for nonprofit arts and cultural organizations will be able to be used:
- To support salaries of rehires or new hires, fees.
- For stipends to artists and other contracted personnel for specific operations or performances.
- For marketing and promotions.
- For Covid-related health and safety materials.
We will have more information on the number of grants available in each type of funding category as we get closer to the grant launch. We will also be publishing a grant application timeline and a timeline for grant deliverables.
Please sign up for our mailing list to receive updates including grant announcements. You may also feel free to contact us, if you have any questions at: email@example.com