Come and witnessæthe inventive developmentsæof ten local citizens who areæindividually expressive andæcollectively impressive,ægathered in one placeæto celebrate their successæand toast to future accomplishmentsæat the first-everæCreative PinellasæEmerging Artists event.
These ten humansæoozing with artistic vision useævarious mediaæto transform their ideasæinto manifestations andæwill have their worksæon displayæor reflectedæor hearkenedæand youäó»re invited to partakeæas viewer,æas spectator,æas listeneræin this exhibitionæwhich is surely not to be missed.
The ten artists exhibiting include:
- Elizabeth Barenis is a painted based in St. Petersburg who paints large-scale works in a style sheäó»s coined Abstract Realism, which uses abstract forms and designs to create an unambiguous whole made of layered dimensions of color and shape.
- Nathan Beard is an artist who meditates on the abstract or exact units of existence via two main questions of exploration: what is the nature of space and time & how do I and we fit into that?
- Mark Feinman is a drummer, composer, and educator who asks questions of his music to work through ideas, and will be performing a new jazz composition with local trio La Lucha.
- Jeff George is a screenwriter and director who has completed a new screenplay Monarch, based on the LA Stories blog by Jaime Jessup; a scene of this screenplay will be performed by actors Michele Young, Johanna Griese, Vivienne Brown, and Jaime Labudde.
- Shannon Leah Halverson is an artist who works in the delicate and uncommon medium of the scratchboard; she spends hours amassing hundreds of thousands of lines to create her painstaking reproductions of various photographs from history that evoke timelessness and nostalgia.
- Kellie Harmon combines disciplined bodily movement with artistic vision in her practice as a dance performer and choreographer; she will be performing a new modern dance she choreographed for this event.
- Kenny Jensen is an artist who works in a variety of media relating to found objects and the wilderness of Floridaäó»s environment, self-described as a äóìcollector and composer of common phenomenaäó.
- Desireí©æMoore is a filmmaker and media artist who pays close attention (and intention) to presentation, and explores the notion of identity and performance in her works; her new film Ends Meet, will be on display via an installation of mirrors and video projection.
- Gloria Muí±oz is a writer and poet published in numerous forms and teaches workshops for the Keep St. Pete Lit organization; she will be reading three new works at this event.
- Jake Troyli is an artist who uses humor and subtlety to examine the nuances and complexities of Other-ness in striking colors and dimensional details.
The Emerging Artist grant program helps 10 artists on the precipice of creative brilliance by funding them and pairing each recipient with a mentor in their field to further assist in the journey to professional success, culminating in an event to exhibit or perform their art and reveal to the world what theyäó»ve been working on.
Due to the immense talent that will be concentrated at the PLEASE ENTER ADDRESS HERE, this is going to draw in more than our beloved Pinellas County residents – the grantees are bringing in families from across the state and tourists beyond the state, which makes for a night to not be missed!