April 7, 2020 | By Gianna Pergamo
Orange Cat Mermaid – Collage Process Video
Artist Gianna Pergamo’s first collage time lapse video is ready to watch!
Yay! After several weeks of videoing myself collaging, I have my first video that I am happy with! This is a few hours of collaging condensed to a little more than a minute! The video is me making an orange cat mermaid. I made it from photocopies of photographs of koi fish and kittens.
There’s no voice over, so here is what you are seeing in the video (note: there were even more steps in the collaging process, but I had to cut some things for brevity):
- Cutting out koi fish
- Taping in place kitten body
- Collaging pieces of the fish together to make a mermaid tail
- Drawing where I need to cut on the kitten
- Cutting the kitten body to fit the mermaid tail
- Attaching the body
- Attaching new arms for the kitten
- Cutting new arms to fit the kitten body
- Not shown: Re-photocopying the cat mermaid
- Painting black and white on the cat mermaid
- Cutting out the cat mermaid
- Painting the cat mermaid with acrylic paint
- Using watercolor pencil on the cat mermaid
If you enjoyed that video, please subscribe to my YouTube channel! I will be starting to put out new videos regularly, now that I’ve figured out how to do it!
To see more of my work and to purchase, you can visit www.pergamopapergoods.com 🙂 Have a great day!