WHAT IS CONSIDERED A SUMMER CAMP SESSION?
A session is a single program where the same campers attend without new campers joining during that period of time. Typically, a session is a week long, with some exceptions. Sessions are NOT the entire summer. Sessions are not overnight. Each applicant can only receive a grant for one session.
WHAT IS THE TIMETABLE FOR APPLICANTS?
Creative Pinellas will be begin accepting applications on March 1, 2022. Applications will be accepted on a rolling/first come – first served basis until funds are no longer available. Young people (or their parents or guardians) can apply any time, although we encourage them to apply as early as possible as space at some camps may be limited. Grants must be used for qualified arts camps in Pinellas County between May 26, 2022 and August 10, 2022 which means that grants must be used by the time the school year starts in the fall of 2022.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The grants are generally available to Pinellas County residents between the ages of 5 – 18 who can answer “Yes” to any of the items on this list:
- I receive a free or reduced-cost school lunch
- I attend a school that is either “transitional” or “transformational” according to the Pinellas County Board of Education
- I go to a Title 1 school (check here: https://www.pcsb.org/Page/10735)
- I live in a foster or group home
- I am in the custody of the Department of Children and Families
- I receive a financial hardship tuition or scholarship
- I live in in East Tarpon Springs, North Greenwood, Highpoint, Lealman Corridor, or South St. Petersburg
WHAT IF I AM OVER 18 BUT HAVE AN IEP WITH PINELLAS COUNTY SCHOOLS?
Please contact Creative Pinellas for directions on how to complete your application. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW DO APPLICANTS APPLY?
To receive a Summer Camp Grant the camper (or their parent or guardian) must submit an online application (campers must be 14 or over to apply online).
Creative Pinellas processes applications in the order we receive them, so it is a good idea to apply early as funds are limited.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE GOTTEN A GRANT? HOW WILL THE CAMP KNOW I HAVE GOTTEN A GRANT? DO I CONTACT THE CAMP OR DOES THE CAMP CONTACT ME?
Once you turn in your application, Creative Pinellas will review your application in the order it is received.
If you are eligible:
- Creative Pinellas will to contact you and let you know within ten (10) working days
- We will also tell the summer camp that you (or your child) has a grant available
- We will tell them to contact you to complete the registration, but please feel free to connect with the camp for registration –
- Just bring the email confirmation for your grant to the camp provider
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE FIRST CHOICE CAMP IS ALREADY FILLED?
We realize summer camps fill up quickly, so being awarded a grant does not guarantee a space in the program. If a first choice camp is already filled, campers are approved to register for another arts-related camp at the same facility at the same fee.
Once an organization has reached their funding limit, campers (or their parents) are still welcome to apply for a grant and will be alerted that they have the option to be on a waiting list and be notified when funds are available or choose another camp.