Update: Hustle Hard
A few weeks ago, I was kvetching about my irons in the fire. (yes, ‘kvetching’ – I’m a strong proponent of proper diction). It only seems right then to provide an update before I go.
- putting the finishing touches on a new novel years in the making and handling the release. In progress.
- writing and recording compositions for a multimedia project. In progress
- applying for a grant. Complete.
- making peace with social media and marketing (it may just be a ceasefire). Back to the negotiating table. (Devising a strategy I’ll adhere to.)
- writing. As you can imagine, in progress.
- learning new programming languages for multimedia pieces. I can write programs now, currently pretty simple, but correct and executable. I now know phrases like “close to the metal” and can pass arguments.
- creating (a) piece(s) for the Creative Pinellas show in September. Complete.
- meeting about collaborations (perhaps more on this as it materializes). Complete, but mum is still the word. I’ll update at teneadjohnson.com once the dust settles and the ink is dry.
- setting up an umbrella business for established and new ventures. 85% complete.
- scouting for and finishing freelance editing/proofreading work. As ever, in progress.
- wrestling with the age-old question: to day job or not to day job? I’m creating my own job. Designate as you see fit.
For a month’s worth of work, I’ll take it. Progress supercedes perfection.