April 15, 2020 | By Gianna Pergamo
Horse Mermaid – Collage Process Video
Artist Gianna Pergamo’s second collage time lapse video is ready to watch!
My second time-lapse collage video is done! This one starts at the initial cutting up of things and finishes wit the finished product on canvas! I think it came out great and didn’t take me as long as the first one, so I guess I am improving a bit with editing video and using Premiere.
Here it is!
There’s no voice over, so here is what you are seeing in the video (note: there were even more steps in the collaging process, but I had to cut some things for brevity):
- Cutting out the horse
- Taping in place kitten body
- Drawing the shape of the mermaid tail
- Collaging pieces of the fish together to make a mermaid tail
- Fitting the horse body to the mermaid tail
- Attaching a new fluke to the tail
- Cutting the horse legs of and repositioning them
- Drawing stripes on the tail
- Not shown: Re-photocopying the horse mermaid
- Coloring the horse mermaid with acrylic paint
- Cutting out the horse mermaid
- Using watercolor pencil on the horse mermaid
- Adding texture to a canvas
- Collaging painted fish to the canvas
If you enjoyed that video, please subscribe to my YouTube channel! I will be starting to put out new videos regularly, now that I’ve figured out how to do it!
To see more of my work and to purchase, you can visit www.pergamopapergoods.com 🙂 Have a great day!