Not only was it a fun concert, but the audience loved it!
For the World Premiere performance of my composition “Heed The Bell” I partnered with the Dunedin Music Society who produced the event, as well as Creative Pinellas who awarded the DMS with an ArtsUp grant – funding to host an event at the Pinewood Cultural Park in Largo.
For our event we were hoping for 48 people to attend, but 76 turned up 🙂
A post-concert survey revealed that:
- 87.5% of attendees rated the event 5 stars
- 75% of attendees rated my composition 5 stars
The marketing messages were clear as the majority of attendees remembered who sponsored the event (Creative Pinellas, the Dunedin Music Society, and Stephen P Brown)
Some positive feedback included:
- That you added dance to complement the music.
- The creativity of the presentation and the caliber of the performers themselves. Love the flute player!!!
- The original work, Heed the Bell, and the gorgeous flute playing.
- It was very creative; also liked the dancer
- The seating arrangement and the composition, “Heed the Bell”.
- Creative with audience involvement
- The intimacy between audience and performers.
Some areas to improve for the future include:
- After listening to the flute and cello for the whole evening, another instrument to break up the tone would have been even better…like a violin or piano.
- The intermission interrupted the flow and relationship that was building between audience and performers.
- A more accessible venue in mid-Pinellas
- A program handout
- More variety in the music
And I liked this particular comment:
We love the Dunedin Music Society and feel so blessed to have an organization like this is our city.
All in all, a tremendous success that maximized the available resources.
Enjoy these pictures: