Application Deadline: November 1
The Glass Art Society invites artists to share your experiences and expertise with the international glass community in VIRTUAL 2021.
We are looking for diverse and engaging proposals from artists, educators, curators, researchers and more.
Online presentations will be pre-recorded and last from 30-45 minutes unless you are planning a demo, if so, the recorded time can be up to 2 hours.
Presenters should be able to give their presentation in English or have a voice-over (dubbed) presentation with captions in English.
- Demonstrations (Demos): presentations featuring demonstrations of hot, cold, flame or neon glassmaking.
- Lecture/Demonstrations (Lecmos): a combination of a lecture with pre-made materials, and a hands-on lecture. Most appropriate for kiln-forming, mold-making, etc. showcasing the steps and process of making more time-consuming pieces.
- Lectures: presentations on a range of topics from the history of glass to the exploration of a specific technique to career advancement or your personal experience in the glass community.
- Panels: presentations featuring panels of artists, experts and educators who bring innovative and unique glass topics to the stage.
- Other (films, performances, workshops, etc.): presentations that show the diversity of the glass art community.
Details and an online application can be found at glassart.org/conference/virtual-2021.