GRANT COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
This half-time, permanent position is responsible for the day-to-day oversite and coordination of the arts and cultural grants that Creative Pinellas provides to the community. From a practical point of view this includes oversite of all of the details of the day-to-day grant functions from accepting applications to ensuring timely grant payments, to record keeping and reporting. Additionally, it involves coordinating with individual grantee and grantee organizations for our partner programs, to ensure the highest level of fulfillment to delivering high quality arts experiences to our community. This role will be responsible for maintaining the annual grant calendar, and for keeping the grant engine on track.
The Grant Compliance Specialist responsibilities will fall into the following Major Areas:
- Oversees existing grant management workflow and updates and innovates as needed to ensure the highest level of user ability.
- Creates workflows for new grants as they are planned and launched.
- Monitors and coordinates all aspects of the grant application and workflow function including applications, grantee communications, payments and record keeping.
- Coordinates and oversees creation, distribution and compliance of contracts with grant recipients and participants.
- Coordinates with grants programs lead and marketing lead to ensure timely launch of grant program.
- Pays careful attention to details to ensure that all aspects of the grant program are functioning and that all materials are timely, accurate and correct.
- Reviews grant applications for accuracy and communicates to applicant and/or staff as necessary to address any shortfalls or concerns.
- Works with grants program lead to contact grant panelists and schedule grant panels.
- Communicates with grantees and other stakeholders throughout the application and grant period.
- Collects and oversees appropriate documentation for all grant processes.
Grant Outreach Coordination:
- Works with area artists, arts educators and arts and cultural organization to determine what arts-related services they are able provide.
- Works with community members, organizations and community partners to determine what arts-related services they need.
- Works with grant and marketing leads to craft and manage outreach to providers to meet those needs.
- Seeks and evaluates grant proposals for provision of those services.
- Collects and communicates cost estimates, schedules, etc.
- Coordinates, schedules, oversees delivery of those services and all communications required.
- Coordinates and monitors billing and payments.
- Monitors and tracks deliverables.
- Develops and coordinates procedures for tracking, evaluation and reporting.
The ideal candidate:
- Is very detail oriented, highly organized and process focused.
- Understands and has experience in accounting/finance or computer science.
- Has worked in an agile work environment and with a deep level of understanding SCRUM methodology.
- Is able to multi-task and manage projects independently.
- Is comfortable with workflow management software.
- Is a good listener and good communicator.
- Has a sense of accomplishment from getting things done.
- Is comfortable with deadlines and a fast pace, and can think a number of steps ahead.
- Can be counted on to follow through.
- Is comfortable working with different kinds of people and meeting them where they are.
- Works well independently and in a team with a positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service
- Has excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; exhibits tact, professional attitude, maturity and flexibility
- Brings a positive “can-do attitude” with them every day
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of office experience, nonprofit experience a plus.
- High degree of competency using and working with software such as JotForm, Survey Monkey, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to develop acknowledgment letters, grant proposals, and report packages that are virtually error free.
- Outstanding communication skills, including strong grammar and proofreading, creative writing, and word processing abilities.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Physical Requirements – This position involves standing, walking and occasionally kneeling, bending and lifting to 30 lbs.
Are you interested in starting a career with Creative Pinellas?