Deadline: September 1
Tampa’s Gasparilla Festival of the Arts is celebrating 50th year. Artists are invited to submit digitally final concept images that depict a creative representation of how art, music and nature combine to unite us by creating a dynamic and vibrant community.
The winning design will be announced by October 31, 2019 and will be recognized as the “official” image of the 50th Anniversary Raymond James Gasparilla Festival of the Arts. The official image will appear on all promotional materials leading up to the Festival, held February 29–March 1, 2020.
The artist whose work is selected will receive:
- A $1,000 cash award
- A featured bio on the GFA website
- Recognition on GFA and participating organizations’ social media sites
- Promotion of artwork reproduced as an “official” image on printed and other materials
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- The competition is open to all artists, 15 and older
- Artists may submit up to 3 images for consideration
- All entries must be the artist’s original concept and design and must be submitted digitally (2MB or less) to email@example.com
- Concept image size must be adaptable and suitable for reproduction (scanning, printing) on T-shirts, posters and vertical banners. Limited to no mixed media entries advised.
- No images of pirates or of the Gasparilla parades are acceptable
- The image will be used in conjunction with GFA’s logo as well as a special typographic 50th brand mark that is currently being developed
- Artists must include their name, address, phone number and email address when submitting their images
Submissions will be evaluated based on concept, originality, design and marketing adaptability. Some applications may require cropping the image. By entering the contest, you agree that the winning submission will become the property of the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts, with the rights associated thereof.