The application period for the 2019-20 Emerging Artist Grant is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!
The public panel will be held at the Gallery at Creative Pinellas on Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 10 a.m. and the grantees will be announced shortly thereafter.
Sign up for our email list here to stay up-to-date with announcements about our open call for grant applicants as well as other educational opportunities, networking events and shows.
Grants will be awarded to Pinellas County artists for original work in the disciplines of choreography, literature, media arts, music composition, theatre/musical theatre, visual arts and interdisciplinary arts. Program guidelines and eligibility details, grant FAQs and the online application will be available when the grant period opens.
For artists working as or driving towards being a professional artist
The transition from an emerging artist to a successful professional can be challenging no matter how talented and committed you are. In addition to time, devotion, a work ethic, materials, emerging artists need:
- Financial support
- A meaningful opportunity to engage with their public
The purpose of the Emerging Artists Grants is to meet these needs and set the stage for the grantees success by providing:
- A professional artist mentor
- An exhibition / performance event at the end of the grant period where artists can display or perform their work.
Grants are awarded to Emerging Artists with:
- A recognized and proven promise / a history of success thus far
- A strong portfolio of work
- A vision for their future
- A commitment to work and to show their work at our exhibition / performance event at the end of the grant period