Creative Pinellas Communications and Brand Relations Manager
We’re looking for someone to take our marketing, messaging and brand strategy and execution to the next level, as we carry out our purpose to encourage creativity and innovation, showcase Pinellas County as an arts and cultural destination, support artists, arts organizations and the creative community and make arts available to all.
The Communications and Brand Manager works to create a positive vision of Creative Pinellas in people’s minds, and loyalty and commitment in their hearts. The position is key in ensuring that our community knows about all of the grants, development and educational programs, networking, creative opportunities, performances and exhibits that Creative Pinellas has available to support and engage them, as well as new ways to get involved. The position focuses on day to day activities of creating, maintaining and improving our communications strategy, our marketing messages, our brand strength and our public relations effort, as well as the longer-term focus on brand building and brand awareness. The position also represents Creative Pinellas to supporters, building relationships and partnerships with key supporters of the arts in the county in order to help the organization strengthen and grow.
We are seeking a candidate who can provide leadership and vision to the independent designers, social media experts, photographers and other contributors who work with us to communicate our key messages, who understands and can get the best out of list management and analytics, who can create a vision, organize the moving parts and get ahead of a timeline and who excels at building relationships and supporters in the digital world and the physical one.
The Communications and Brand Relations Manager is in a key collaborative role, working directly with all members of the team, and reporting to the Executive Director.
The Brand Relations Manager’s responsibilities will fall into the following Major Areas:
- Develop, maintain and execute a marketing and PR calendar to ensure that the organization is able to get the word out about activities early and often
- Oversee content on all websites, social media, email marketing, flyers, brochures, signage, etc.
- Ensure consistency of all advertising promotions and communications across all platforms
- Manage selection, ordering, production and distribution of all public-facing marketing/advertising/promotional materials/press materials/PSA’s etc.
- Provide guidance and oversight to consultants, contractors and vendors who help support our marketing, advertising and promotions effort
- Manage media and PR placement
- Work with curatorial, cultural outreach and strategic initiatives partners to coordinate advertising, promotions, publicity etc. of events and programs they are managing
- Participate in collaborative meetings to plan marketing and promotions, messaging and outreach strategies
- Produce valuable and engaging content for website, social media and other communications avenues
- Manage lists and marketing channels
- Track and report on analytics
- Develop and carefully manage a marketing budget
- Evaluate and determine brand strengths and opportunities to establish a vision and goals for current and future brand awareness
- Develop, maintain, implement and execute a comprehensive brand management plan
- Develop and maintain guidelines, systems and tools to ensure strong brand consistency across all platforms
- Develop and execute a continuing program to research, test and report on brand awareness and impact and to drive continuing improvement
- Develop and implement PR strategies to engage with the community, with program-users, supporters and potential supporters and build connections with Creative Pinellas
- Develop and build strategic relationships with creative agencies, vendors and key supporters in the community,
- Collaborate with the cultural outreach team to develop, execute and maintain a stake-holder relations program and materials to build deeper and on-going engagement with volunteers, ambassadors, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of stakeholder benefits and engagement strategies to enhance the positive connection of supporters to Creative Pinellas
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to anticipate needs of the organization, our supporters, artists, and others who are engaged or will engage with us; you foresee what’s ahead and are already there with answers
- Is a strong project manager and proactive problem-solver; you are always thinking two steps ahead
- Asks the right questions and approaches tasks thoughtfully
- Is a strong and creative visionary with a great ability to plan, organize and get things done
- Lives and breathes marketing and branding
- Knows how to work with creatives and respects the creative process
- Double and triple checks details; and can be counted on to follow through
- Is adept in print and digital media and sees them on a continuum
- Works well independently and in a team with a positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service
- Has excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; exhibits tact, professional attitude, maturity and flexibility
- Brings a positive “we-got-this-attitude” with them every day
Required Experience & Skills
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role or environment
- Has a strong portfolio of work including work that is collaborative
- Solid understanding and working knowledge branding and marketing principles
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proficient in digital marketing tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Constant Contact, WordPress or other digital content management platform)
- Understands audience development and target marketing
- Is comfortable with analytics, reporting, making sense of metrics, and with budgeting
- Well developed verbal and written skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University is highly preferred
- Physical Requirements – This position involves standing, walking and occasionally kneeling, bending and lifting to 30 lbs.
Are you interested in starting a career with Creative Pinellas?