The Palladium Theater in downtown St. Petersburg is seeking an Assistant House Manager.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Responsibilities include:
- Recruit, train, coordinate, schedule and manage volunteer staff.
- Maintain, supervise, inventory and evaluate effectiveness of concessions.
- Regular, formalized communications with volunteers (online or in print).
- Produce accurate and detailed performance reports.
- Oversee all activities leading up to and during performance events.
- Research and gather as much information about the event and product as possible.
- Provide stage management services as appropriate.
- During event, coordinate communication among performer, crew and house; maintain a scheduled intermission; resume event after an intermission — having checked backstage, crew and front of house.
- Assure a pleasant and personable atmosphere at all events and for all volunteers and crew.
- Respond to patron and vendor requests.
- Assure patrons’ and artists’ safety and welfare before, during and after event.
- Responsible for restoring theater after events and nightly lock-up of building and Supplies.
- Maintain and schedule temporary house management and concessions staff.
- Be prepared to handle a medical emergency or patron disturbance.
A detailed job description and online application can be found here.