What the County is looking for here is: Do you fit in the group of businesses that can get cares grant funds?
The good news is that as an artist or arts business YOU DO! But you have to give them enough information so that they can confirm that.
The first thing you need to do is answer a two-part question:
- Your General Business Sector
- Your Eligible Business Type
Open the drop down menu on general business sector and:
- Choose “Artists, Performers, Museums and Spectator Sports” if you are an independent artist or arts business (Note the numbers 711-712)
- Chose “Retail Trade” if you are an art dealer (gallery) or other retail business like a jewelry store or a souvenir shop. (Note the numbers 44 – 45)
- Chose “Education” if you’re primarily an arts education program (Your number is 611)
Here is what it will look like if you’re an artist or performer:
Then open the drop down in “Eligible Business Type.” Find your “numbers” and choose the business type that best describes you. Click on the category and you are there.
The rest of the Eligibility Page is Easy. Answer “Yes” to questions A.1, A.2. and A.3 (As long as those answers are true).
Enter what you earned from the creation, sale, performance or practice of your art.
And check all of the boxes A.4 to A.11 (as long as those answers are true).
Good job! Hit Complete and Continue and go to the next part of the application.