ArtsCatalyst Grant Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS CONSIDERED A SUMMER CAMP SESSION?
A session is a single program where the same campers attend without new campers joining during that period of time. Typically, a session is 3-7 days long, with some exceptions sessions are NOT the entire summer. Sessions are not overnight. Each applicant can only receive a scholarship for one session.
WHAT IS THE TIMETABLE FOR APPLICANTS?
Creative Pinellas will be begin accepting applications on March 12, 2019
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling/first come – first served basis until funds are no longer available
- Young people (or their parents or guardians) can apply any time before May 31, 2019 although we encourage them to apply as early as possible as space at some camps may be limited
- Scholarships must be used for qualified arts camps in Pinellas County between May 31, 2019 and August 14, 2019 which means that scholarship must be used by the time the school year starts in the fall of 2019.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The scholarships are generally available to Pinellas County residents between the ages of 5 – 18 who can answer “Yes, I” to any of the items on this list:
- Receive a free or reduced-cost school lunch
- Attend a school that is either “transitional” or “transformational” according to the Pinellas County Board of Education
- Go to a Title 1 school (check here: https://www.pcsb.org/Page/10735)
- Live in a foster or group home
- Am in the custody of the Department of Children and Families
- Receive a financial hardship tuition or scholarship
- Live in in East Tarpon Springs, North Greenwood, Highpoint, Lealman Corridor, and South St. Petersburg
WHAT IF I AM OVER 18 BUT HAVE AN IEP WITH PINELLAS COUNTY SCHOOLS?
- Please contact Creative Pinellas for directions on how to complete your application
HOW DO APPLICANTS APPLY?
- To receive an ArtsCatalyst scholarship the camper (or their parent or guardian) must submit an online application (campers must be 13 or over to apply online) or mail us a paper application postmarked no later than May 31, 2019.
- Creative Pinellas processes applications in the order we receive them, so it is a good idea to apply early as funds are limited.
- Campers and/or parents/guardians can receive a paper application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 727-582-3600 or stopping by the Creative Pinellas offices at 12211 Walsingham Rd, Largo 33778, located in the same park as the Florida Botanical Gardens.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I HAVE GOTTEN A GRANT? HOW WILL THE CAMP KNOW I HAVE GOTTEN A GRANT? DO I CONTACT THE CAMP OR DOES THE CAMP CONTACT ME?
- Once you turn in your application, Creative Pinellas will review your application in the order it is received. (Make sure we receive it by May 31, 2019)
- If you are eligible:
- Creative Pinellas will attempt to contact you and let you know (thumbs up) within ten (10) working days
- We will also tell the summer camp that you (or your child) has a scholarship available
- We will tell them to contact you to complete the registration
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE FIRST CHOICE CAMP IS ALREADY FILLED?
- We realize summer camps fill up quickly, so being awarded a scholarship does not guarantee a space in the program. If a first choice camp is already filled, campers are approved to register for another arts-related camp at the same facility at the same fee.
- Once an organization has reached their $1,500 maximum allowance, campers (or their parents) are still welcome to apply for scholarships:
- They will be put on a waiting list in first come, first served order. Applicants on the waiting list will be notified if and when funds become available
WHO CAN I TALK TO IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
Join us at one of these community information sessions
- March 19 6pm-8pm Largo Central Park Performing Arts Center
105 Central Park Drive, Largo
- March 20 6pm-8pm Tarpon Springs Heritage Museum
100 Beekman Lane, Tarpon Springs
- March 27 6pm-8pm Childs Park Recreation & Fitness Center
4301 13th Avenue S, St. Petersburg
- March 28 6pm-8pm Lealman Exchange
5175 45th Street North, St. Petersburg