The Florida Holocaust Museum in downtown St. Petersburg is seeking an Exhibition & Collections Department Assistant.
This is a part-time position that supports the Curator of Exhibitions & Collections and the Registrar & Exhibitions Manager.
- Maintain departmental calendars
- Drafting and processing of purchase orders and other department related documentation
- Traveling exhibition mailings and follow-up outreach
- Scheduling and travel coordination of couriers and program speakers
- Miscellaneous correspondence including exhibit notices to donors
Exhibition & Collections
- Assists with research regarding special exhibitions, permanent collection, exhibitions and special projects
- Maintains department filing systems for exhibitions, loans, objects, and donors
- Assists with interpretation of the collection including proofreading and writing
- Assists with answering public and scholarly inquiry
- Possible interviews of Holocaust Survivors
- Works closely with the Curator and Registrar to contribute to the planning on rotations in core galleries and special exhibition spaces including assistance with installation
A detailed job description and online application can be found here.