Emerging Artist Grants
Emerging Artists Grants
Applications for the Emerging Artist Grants are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!
The Emerging Artist Exhibition, featuring work from our grant recipients, will take place from October 26-28 at the former Gulf Coast Museum of Art. CLICK HERE to learn more and RSVP for free!
Learn more about our Emerging Artist grantees and their Impact Returns blogs here.
For artists working as or driving towards being a professional artist
The transition from an emerging artist to a successful professional can be challenging no matter how talented and committed you are. In addition to time, devotion, a work ethic, materials, emerging artists need:
- Financial support
- A meaningful opportunity to engage with their public
The purpose of the Emerging Artists Grants is to meet these needs and set the stage for the grantees success by providing:
- A professional artist mentor
- An exhibition / performance event at the end of the grant period where artists can display or perform their work.
Grants are awarded to Emerging Artists with:
- A recognized and proven promise / a history of success thus far
- A strong portfolio of work
- A vision for their future
- A commitment to work and to show their work at our exhibition / performance event at the end of the grant period